When you come along to ride a bike in Martinborough we recommend you have the following items with you.
- A jersey/jacket
- Shoes or sandals with closed in toes
- Comfortable clothing
- A bottle of water (is available from us)
- Great attitude
We provide bikes, helmets and free wine collection with all our bike hire and tour options. No lycra is needed!
Remutaka Cycle Trail
For day trips on the Remutaka Cycle Trail we supply you with nearly everything you need. Bikes, helmets, food, water, lights and a GPS “spot tracker” to make sure you don’t get lost.
You should bring:
- Sturdy shoes (ask us if you would like SPDclipless pedals on your bike)
- Quick drying clothes, we recommend shorts rather than trousers
- A thermal base layer, even on a hot day it is worth carrying one.
- A wind/rain proof jacket. The weather can be unpredictable, you should be prepared.
Road trips with Green Jersey are done in comfort, with our 12 seater van and our covered in bike trailer, you can bring anything you want (within reason)!
Some riders choose to ride our bikes (at no extra charge) or bring their own, similarly with helmets. We are able to convey most types of bikes with relative ease, but please give us prior warning for tandems and tricycles.
Make sure you are prepared for all weathers, these trips will go ahead regardless of weather conditions and pack comfortable evening wear. At times we eat in a restaurant/bar environment at other times we eat at our accommodation.
A full list of suggested gear will be sent to you on booking.